'A band of war-weary soldiers have uncovered a plot that may tear the very fabric of reality forever. To save their own lives and to prevent a long-banished race of monsters from unleashing an army of horrors upon the waking world, they must reach the very heart of Dal Quor. To stop the cataclysm in time, they must fight their way to... The Gates of Night.
The Gates of Night is the final novel in the Dreaming Dark Trilogy by Keith Baker, following the second book in the series, The Shattered Land. The main plot takes place immediately before and after the events at the end of The Shattered Land, starting on Lharvion 22 and ending on Barrakas 5 of the same year, 997 YK.
- Daine, Cyran soldier. Wields a longsword and an adamantine dagger.
- Pierce, warforged scout and skirmisher. Wields a heavy flail and a longbow.
- Lei d'Cannith, dragonmarked heir, artificer. Carries a darkwood staff she acquired in The City of Towers.
- Xu'sasar, a scorpion wraith of the Qaltiar drow, knocked unconscious by Harmattan and forced to go with Daine, Pierce, and Lei into Dal Quor.
- Indigo, a female warforged assassin.
- Harmattan, a strange, charismatic, and powerful warforged.
- Lakashtai, an agent of the malevolent Dreaming Dark of Dal Quor.
- Aleisa d'Cannith, Lei's mother, an artificer who worked on the development of the warforged. Presumably died on the Day of Mourning, she appears in flashbacks.
- Talin d'Cannith, Lei's father, also an artificer. Like Aleisa, he also appears in flashbacks and presumably died on the Day of Mourning.
- Jode Jorasco, halfling healer who possessed the Mark of Healing and was a longtime companion of Daine, Pierce, and Lei. He was seemingly killed at the end of City of Towers, but his spirit is preserved through a mix of Daine's memories and a vial of magical blue fluid.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|