The Last War that shaped Nyrielle Tam into the Dark Lantern known as Thorn ended with a catastrophe the likes of which no side would claim: the Mourning. When it ended, an entire nation had been obliterated... and unbeknownst to the warring armies, pieces of another world had faded into Eberron
Across Khorvaire citadels ruled by a strange elflike race - the eladrin - appeared. Secretive, defensive, difficult to so much as approach, the eladrin have been a mystery since they appeared. But now they're reaching out. They seek a set of missing crystals, artifacts they say could undo the horrors of the Mourning and return their cities to the Feywild.
But in order to find out whether the eladrin can do all that they say, Thorn must infiltrate the most deadly citadel of them all, the Fading Dream.
Notable Characters[edit | edit source]
- Nyrielle Tam, aka the Thorn of Breland. Member of the King's Dark Lanterns, a spy group for the nation of Breland.
- Steel, Thorn's intelligent dagger, and a constant companion to the spy.
- Oargev ir'Wynarn, the displaced prince of Cyre who now resides in the neighboring nation of Breland.
- Essyn Cadrel, a former bard, now a confidant of Prince Oargev since the Day of Mourning.
- Cazalan Dal, a former loyal Cyran and aide to Prince Oargev who now seeks his former ruler's death.
- Drix, a former Cyran artificer who not only survived a brush with a group of eladrin, but the Day of Mourning as well.
- Boranel ir'Wynarn, the current King of Breland, and cousin to Prince Oargev.
- Tira of Shaelas Tiraleth (The City of the Silver Tree), the great eladrin feyspire in the Mournland.
- Shan Doresh of Taer Lian Doresh (The Fortress of Fading Dreams), a feyspire thought forever lost to the plane Dal Quor.
Plot Synopsis[edit | edit source]
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|