This article is about the novel. For the City of Towers in Breland, see Sharn.
Hardened by the Last War, four soldiers have come to Sharn, fabled City of Towers, capital of adventure, home to the best and worst that Eberron has to offer. After a lifetime of fighting, war is all they know. Now in a time of uneasy peace, they must struggle to survive. But then people start turning up dead. The heroes soon find themselves caught in a plot that will take them from the highest reaches of power to the most sordid depths of the city of wonder, shadow, and adventure.
The City of Towers is the first novel in the Dreaming Dark Trilogy by Keith Baker, and the first published novel set in Eberron, his brainchild campaign setting. The story begins with a brief prologue in Cyre on Olarune 19, 994 YK. The main story picks up in Sharn, the eponymous City of Towers in the Khorvaire nation of Breland, on Dravago 22, 996. The story ends on Nymm 2 of the same year.
- Daine, a former Cyran soldier. Wields a longsword and an adamantine dagger.
- Pierce, warforged scout and skirmisher. Wields a morningstar and a bow.
- Jode d'Jorasco, halfling healer possessing the Mark of Healing.
- Lei d'Cannith, dragonmarked heir, artificer.
- Alina Lorridan Lyrris, gnome wizard aristocrat with a slight amoral bent.
- Jura Darkhart, excoriate of House Cannith.
- Flamewind, a sphinx with oracular powers and mysterious motives.
- Lakashtai, a kalashtar woman, mysterious like most of her race.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|