Road to Death is the second installment in the Lost Mark trilogy written by Matt Forbeck and published in 2006. The novel is a direct sequel to Marked for Death and continues the story of Kandler and his companions as they search for Kandler's daughter, Esprë.
|“||The Mark of Death. After hundreds of years, it has returned to Eberron, and the forces of good and evil want to control it. But one man only wants to get his daughter back alive. To save her, he must walk a perilous path... the Road to Death.||”|
- Kandler: is the human Justicar of the small town of Mardakine on the border of the Mournland, where he and his step-daughter Esprë settled after the death of his wife Esprina.
- Burch: a shifter and the deputy Justicar of Mardakine. Burch is an old, trusted friend of Kandler and is a master with the crossbow.
- Duro Darumnakt: A dwarf of clan Drakyager of the Mror Holds. Leader of the patrols through Mount Darumkrak.
- Esprë: the blonde half-elven daughter of Esprina, and step-daughter to Kandler. Young Esprë manifests the Mark of Death, a dragonmark thought lost to time.
- Monja: A female halfling shaman and heir to the leadership of the Wandering Inn.
- Sallah: a female hot-tempered red-haired knight and second-in-command under Deothen.
- Te'oma: a changeling agent of the Lich Queen Vol, sent by her mistress to find the wearer of the Mark of Death.
- Xalt: a warforged artificer who displays a higher sense of morality than his former comrades who were aligned to the Lord of Blades.
- Berre Stonefist
- Medd Karatrok
- Wolph Darumnakt
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|