Road to Death is the second installment in the Lost Mark trilogy written by Matt Forbeck and published in 2006. The novel is a direct sequel to Marked for Death and continues the story of Kandler and his companions as they search for Kandler's daughter, Esprë.
- Kandler: is the human Justicar of the small town of Mardakine on the border of the Mournland, where he and his step-daughter Esprë settled after the death of his wife Esprina.
- Burch: a shifter and the deputy Justicar of Mardakine. Burch is an old, trusted friend of Kandler and is a master with the crossbow.
- Duro Darumnakt: A dwarf of clan Drakyager of the Mror Holds. Leader of the patrols through Mount Darumkrak.
- Esprë: the blonde half-elven daughter of Esprina, and step-daughter to Kandler. Young Esprë manifests the Mark of Death, a dragonmark thought lost to time.
- Monja: A female halfling shaman and heir to the leadership of the Wandering Inn.
- Sallah: a female hot-tempered red-haired knight and second-in-command under Deothen.
- Te'oma: a changeling agent of the Lich Queen Vol, sent by her mistress to find the wearer of the Mark of Death.
- Xalt: a warforged artificer who displays a higher sense of morality than his former comrades who were aligned to the Lord of Blades.
- Berre Stonefist
- Medd Karatrok
- Wolph Darumnakt
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|