Eberron: Rising from the Last War, by lead designers Jeremy Crawford, James Wyatt, and Keith Baker, is the campaign setting sourcebook for Eberron in the 5th-edition Dungeons & Dragons ruleset, published by Wizards of the Coast and released on November 19, 2019. It is the second-largest 5th-edition book after the Monster Manual.
Blurb[edit | edit source]
Whether aboard an airship or a train car, embark on thrilling adventures shrouded in intrigue! Discover secrets buried by years of devastating war, in which magic-fueled weapons threatened an entire continent.
In the post-war world, magic pervades everyday life, and people of all sorts flock to Sharn, a city of wonders where skyscrapers pierce the clouds. Will you find your fortune on mean city streets or scouring the secrets of haunted battlefields? Will you throw in your lot with the mighty dragonmarked houses? Will you seek truth as a newspaper reporter, a university researcher, or a government spy? Or will you forge a destiny that defies the scars of war?This book provides tools that both players and Dungeon Masters need to explore the world of Eberron, including the artificer character class—a master of magical invention—and monsters birthed by ancient warmongering forces. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?
Product Overview[edit | edit source]
This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?
- Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player's Handbook.
- Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers.
- Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
- Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world's war-ravaged peoples.
- Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
- Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player's Handbook.
- Confront horrific monsters born from the world's devastating wars.
- Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Rising from the Last War article at Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
- Eberron: Rising from the Last War on Wizards of the Coast's website
- Eberron: Rising from the Last War on D&D Beyond
Connections[edit | edit source]
|3rd edition||City of Stormreach · Dragonmarked · Dragons of Eberron · Eberron Campaign Setting · Explorer's Handbook · Faiths of Eberron · Five Nations · The Forge of War · Magic of Eberron · Player's Guide to Eberron · Races of Eberron · Secrets of Sarlona · Secrets of Xen'drik · Sharn: City of Towers|
|4th edition||An Adventurer's Guide to Eberron · Eberron Campaign Guide · Eberron Player's Guide|
|5th edition||Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron · Eberron: Rising from the Last War|