Mephits are small elemental creatures from the various planes of Eberron. They are curious, impish creatures with small wings and tiny horns. They have a tendency to cross manifest zones from their native planes to Eberron, where they may cause mischief or become agents of other powers.
Just like elementals, mephits have a number of types:
Air mephits look like short, cloud-white humans with whirlwinds where their legs should be. They can produce gusts of wind, and their healing occurs when exposed to winds. They speak Auran and Common.
Dust mephits look like short, gaunt humans with flaky skin and a sorrowful expression. They can turn themselves into a mass of rolling dust, and heal in dusty, arid environments. They speak Auran and Common.
Dust mephits call the plane of Lamannia home. Dust mephits have been seen in the desert of Menechtarun, on the continent of Xen'drik, and in the forests of Ahdryatmin, within the continent of Sarlona.
Fire mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Ice mephits call the plane of Risia home.
Magma mephits look like small brutish humans made of lava and flowing molten stone. They can transform themselves into a pool of lava, and can fire pyrotechnics. They heal only when touching lava or magma, and can speak Common and Ignan.
Magma mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Ooze mephits looks like small humans composed of muck and filth. Slime drips from their bodies, and they produce an offensive odor. They can fire acidic blobs at enemies, and only heal in wet or muddy environments. They speak Auran and Common.
Steam mephits resemble small, pale humans with vapor rising from their ears, nose, and mouth. They shed drops of streaming water when they move, and can surround themselves with a plume of superheated vapor. They only heal in hot, humid areas, and can speak Common and Ignan.
Steam mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Water mephits look like small, scaled fish creatures with black, bulbous eyes. They can fire blobs of acid, and can create a mass of smelly fog. They onlu heal when under water or exposed to rain, and they can swim great speeds. They speak Aquan and Common.
While mephits have a variety of elemental based powers and . Mephits all have breath weapons, which project their specific type of damage. They can summon other mephits, and have ability to quickly heal their wounds. They have darkvision, and are resistant to damage.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014). Monster Manual (5th Edition). (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 215–217. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual (3.5 edition). (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 180–185. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual (3.5 edition). (Wizards of the Coast), p. ?. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, & James Wyatt (2004). Eberron Campaign Setting. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 95–97. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Glenn McDonald, and Chris Sims (2007). Secrets of Sarlona. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 38. ISBN 978-0-7869-4037-0.
- Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Nicolas Logue, & Amber Scott (2007). Dragons of Eberron. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 156. ISBN 0-7869-4154-5.
- Keith Baker & James Wyatt (2004). Sharn: City of Towers. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 0-7869-3434-4.
- Keith Baker, Jason Bulmahn, & Amber Scott (2006). Secrets of Xen'drik. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 66. ISBN 0-7869-3916-8.
|Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn | Drow | Dwarf | Elf | Gnome | Half-Elf | Half-Orc | Halfling | Human | Tiefling|
|Eberron Races: Bugbear | Changeling | Goblin | Hobgoblin | Kalashtar | Orc | Shifter | Warforged|
|Other Races: Armand | Asherati | Bhuka | Doppelganger | Dragon | Gnoll | Goliath | Kobold | Lizardfolk | Medusa | Sahuagin | Shulassakar | Thri-kreen | Yuan-Ti|
|Outsiders: Aasimar | Angel | Archon | Daelkyr | Demon | Devil | Elemental | Genie | Githyanki | Githzerai | Inevitable | Mephit | Quori | Slaad|