Marked for Death is the first installment of the Lost Mark trilogy written by Matt Forbeck and published in 2005.
|“||Twelve Dragonmarks. Sigils of immense magical power. Borne by scions of mighty Houses, used through the centuries to wield authority and shape wonders throughout Eberron. But there are only twelve marks. Until now. Matt Forbeck begins the terrifying saga of the thirteenth dragonmark... The Mark of Death||”|
- Kandler: is the human Justicar of the small town of Mardakine on the border of the Mournland, where he and his step-daughter Esprë settled after the death of his wife Esprina.
- Bastard: a warforged who is in charge of the fortress Construct.
- Burch: a shifter and the deputy Justicar of Mardakine. Burch is an old, trusted friend of Kandler and is a master with the crossbow.
- Esprë: the blonde half-elven daughter of Esprina, and step-daughter to Kandler. Young Esprë manifests the Mark of Death, a dragonmark thought lost to time.
- Deothen: commander of a squad of Knights of the Silver Flame sent to Mardakine by the Voice of the Flame in search of the lost Mark of Death.
- Sallah: a female hot-tempered red-haired knight and second-in-command under Deothen.
- Te'oma: a changeling agent of the Lich Queen Vol, sent by her mistress to find the wearer of the Mark of Death.
- Xalt: a warforged artificer who displays a higher sense of morality than his former comrades who were aligned to the Lord of Blades.
- Brendis: a young human male and knight of the silver flame under the command of Deothen.
- Entiss: a veteran of the Last War who resides in Mardakine.
- Esprina: an elven woman who was the Mother of Esprë and wife of Kandler. She is now deceased.
- Fradelko: a resident of Mardakine.
- Gurn: the local baker in Mardakine.
- Gweir: a young human male knight of the silver flame who is under the command Deothen.
- Levritt: a lanky young blonde-haired knight under the command of Deothen. Levritt was too young to completely remember the Last War.
- Majeeda: is an undying elf presumably she is of the Undying Court religion.
- Mardak: the dwarven founder and mayor of Mardakine. Mardak helped clear the environs of the city with Kandler and Burch.
- Norra: a female human and friend of Kandler. She often watches over Esprë.
- Nortok: a resident of Mardakine.
- Patelko: a resident of Mardakine.
- Pradak: a young dwarf male and inhabitant of Mardakine. He is the child of Priscinta and Mardak.
- Priscinta: a female dwarf and wife of Mardak.
- Rissa: a female human and inhabitant of Mardakine.
- Rislinto: a male human and occupant of Mardakine.
- Shawda: a female human and occupant of Mardakine.
- Superior: a warforged who is ranked above Xalt and the other warforged at his post.
- Tan Du: a male vampire who was sent by Lady Vol to search for the Lost Mark.
- Temmah: a female dwarf inhabitant of Mardakine that serves as deputy justicar.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
The character Esprë has the Mark of Death on her back but on the front cover's illustration a young elf girl matching Esprë's description bears the mark on her upper arm.