Appearance & PersonalityEdit
Dolgaunts resemble eyeless, emaciated hobgoblins, festooned with tendrils and cilia. They are pale and move with unnatural speed and grace. Their cilia allow them to "see" without their eyes out to impressive distances.
Dolgaunts speak both Common and Undercommon, but they also possess a unique mode of communication that uses subtle movements of their many tentacle-like appendages. Only other dolgaunts can understand this language, but it is somewhat limited because of how close to one another two dolgaunts must be to sufficiently perceive the subtle movements.
Weapons & EquipmentEdit
Most dolgaunts eschew weapons and armor, preferring to rely on their tentacles and unarmed attacks. They sometimes use magical equipment, such as enchanted belts or cloaks. A dolgaunt's cilia can be used to absorb liquids, including draining the vital fluids from a living creature.
Notable Personalities Edit
- Hruucan is a dolgaunt who appears in The Dragon Below trilogy. He serves Dah'mir and his master, the daelkyr known as the Lord of Silence. He is burned to death by Singe, and returns as a fiery undead abomination.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Eberron Campaign Setting. Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Eberron Campaign Guide. James Wyatt and Keith Baker (2009). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-5099-4.
- ↑ The Binding Stone. Don Bassingthwaite (2005). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3784-X.
- ↑ The Grieving Tree. Don Bassingthwaite (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3985-0.