The Astral Plane is a plane through which all the major planes orbit Eberron, which sits at an intersection of the Astral Plane, the Ethereal Plane, and the Shadow Plane. The Astral Plane touches all the planes, and serves as a means to travel between those planes.
The Astral Plane is a great silvery void, sometimes described as like a sea or a starry sky. Travel throughout the plane is at the speed of thought. The planes float throughout the Astral Plane, and the Astral Plane serves as the conduit for summoners when they wish to summon extraplanar creatures. There is an unproven theory among some that the Astral Plane does indeed have a border, a boundary of utter darkness called the Outer Darkness. Some believe the Dark Six are trapped beyond the Outer Darkness.
- A race of beings called the buommans live on the Astral Plane.
- Once they rebelled against the daelkyr, the githyanki and githzerai fled to the Astral Plane.
- House Orien has shown the ability to travel across the Astral Plane using astral beacons, 8-inch crystal spheres that augment their Mark of Passage to hone in on their locations with teleporting.
- The Ascendant Councilors of the Undying Court will frequently leave their bodies and travel the Astral Plane using astral projection.
- Astral Plane article at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
- Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, & James Wyatt (2004). Eberron Campaign Setting. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 92. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- James Wyatt, Keith Baker, Luke Johnson, Steven Brown (2006). Player's Guide to Eberron. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 120–121. ISBN 0-7869-3912-5.
- David Noonan, Rich Burlew, & Frank Brunner (2005). Explorer's Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 94. ISBN 0-7869-3691-6.
|The Planes of Eberron|
|The 13 Major Planes: Daanvi · Dal Quor · Dolurrh · Fernia · Irian · Kythri · Lamannia · Mabar · Risia · Shavarath · Syrania · Thelanis · Xoriat|