Argonnessen is a continent to the far southeast of Khorvaire and southwest of Sarlona. It is the home of dragons, the oldest civilization in the world. The continent of Argonnessen is almost totally unexplored by any race of Khorvaire, and the continent is well-protected against intruders.
Argonnessen is one of the four major continents of Eberron. It is located in the southern hemisphere, bounded by the Dark Sea to the west, the Dragonreach and the Sea of Rage to the north, and the Sea of Lost Souls to the south east.
Off the coast of Argonnessen lies Seren Island. Argonnessen and Seren are for the most part off limits to the "lesser races" (which includes almost everyone except a dragon). The continent and island are also inhabited by dragonborn and dragon-worshiping human barbarians, the Seren tribes.
Argonnessen was a sanctuary for dragons in the aftermath of the war with the fiends and Overlords. About 60,000 years ago, the dragons began to emerge from the continent to spread across Eberron, encountering a number of emerging civilizations, the largest of which were the giants. Some dragons shared their knowledge with these new civilizations, while others conquered large swathes of the world. However the conquering dragons and the rivalries and competition between dragons created by the conquests caused the Daughter of Khyber to stir, leading the Conclave to put an end to the draconic expansions.
However, several other organizations also exist on the continent. These include the Eyes of Chronepsis, an organization of dragons that enforces the laws of Argonnessen, and the Light of Siberys, a military force dedicated to protecting the continent and containing the Overlords and the Lords of Dust.
|This article is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- David Noonan, Ari Marmell, and Robert J. Schwalb (2009). Eberron Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 34. ISBN 0-7869-5100-1.
- James Wyatt and Keith Baker (2009). Eberron Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 179–181. ISBN 0-7869-5099-4.
- Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, & James Wyatt (2004). Eberron Campaign Setting. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 220. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- Keith Baker, Jeremy Crawford, & James Wyatt (2019). Eberron: Rising from the Last War. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 134–135. ISBN 0786966890.
- Keith Baker, Jeremy Crawford, & James Wyatt (2019). Eberron: Rising from the Last War: Eberron World Map. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786966890.
- James Wyatt, Keith Baker, Luke Johnson, Steven Brown (2006). Player's Guide to Eberron. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 132–133. ISBN 0-7869-3912-5.
- Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Nicolas Logue, & Amber Scott (2007). Dragons of Eberron. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 10. ISBN 0-7869-4154-5.
- James Wyatt and Keith Baker (2009). Eberron Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 182. ISBN 0-7869-5099-4.
- Keith Baker, Jeremy Crawford, & James Wyatt (2019). Eberron: Rising from the Last War. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 193–195. ISBN 0786966890.
|Continents of Eberron|
|Aerenal | Argonnessen | Everice | Frostfell | Khorvaire | Sarlona | Xen'drik|